Mother Hubbards Newsletter
Welcome to our first newsletter of the new school year. We would like to welcome all the new children who started with us this month and their parents. We hope you all will be very happy here at Mother Hubbards.
We have lots of birthdays in September and October.
Happy birthday to everyone…..
· Emma in Afterschool turned 11
· Eabha in Playschool turned 2
· Meta in Playschool turned 3
· Ellana in Montessori turned 4
· Samantha in Afterschool turned 8
· Oisin in Afterschool turned 11
· George in Montessori turned 4
· Sam in Afterschool turned 5
· Kimberly in Montessori turned 4
· Oliver in Playschool will be 3
· Conor in Afterschool will be 8
· Cheerios Childline Breakfast Together Week will run from 7th-13th October. We will host our breakfast morning on Wednesday 9th October.
· Last year, hundreds of people held breakfasts with their friends, families and colleagues raising over €130,000 for Childline. Childline is funded entirely by the Irish public and helping raise funds will enable them to answer more calls from the many vulnerable children who phone them each day.
· Please remember to close the front door when you are leaving to ensure the safety of all children.
· If you have not already brought in a spare set of clothes for your child please do so as soon as possible. It is very important that we have them in case of accidents. Please remember to label all your child’s belongings and school bags to prevent mix up.
· Just a reminder that the ECCE Montessori session runs from 9am until 12pm. Please ensure children are not dropped off before 9am and are collected at 12pm. All children must be accompanied to the room by an adult and may only be collected by a parent or an adult who has been named on the booking form. If someone is collecting your child who is not named on the booking form, please let us know in advance.
· Reminder to Montessori parents: the noticeboard on the right hand wall in the Montessori room will display the sound, topic and book of the week. This will change each week and we’d like to remind parents to check the noticeboard weekly. If your child has any items relating to the topic of the week we would encourage them to bring these items in. Also, please remember when your child’s name is posted on the noticeboard for ‘book of the week’ to send in their favourite book with them for one day.
· Outdoor Play forms a large part of our curriculum and has significant importance in a child’s holistic development. We try to incorporate outdoor play as often as possible and children should be well enough to go outside if they are attending crèche. We cannot allow children to stay inside unaccompanied whilst others are outside playing and there would be no space for them in other groups due to staff/child ratios. Please send coats/scarves/hats etc with your children and we will ensure they wear them when going outside.
· Children are encouraged to bring healthy lunches. Chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks are discouraged and we would appreciate your co-operation on this.
· During October, we will be covering road safety as National Road Safety Week runs from October 7th – 11th.
· We will be holding a Halloween Party as part of Trick or Treat for Temple Street Hospital. Children can dress up in their favourite costume. We will send out the date and details nearer the time.
· Halloween Mid Term for ECCE Montessori children runs from October 28th to November 1st. We will be closed during this week and will re-open on Monday November 4th. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Halloween J
151 Blackcastle Lodge,