Mother Hubbards Newsletter
Welcome to our first newsletter of the new school year. We would like to welcome all the new children who started with us since September and their parents. We hope you all will be very happy here at Mother Hubbards.
We have lots of birthdays in October and November.
Happy birthday to everyone celebrating their birthday.
Children are more than welcome to celebrate their birthday with us in the centre and parents may send in a cake and some treats if they wish.
Cakes/buns must be shop bought and unopened in the original packaging due to HACCP guidelines. Also, please do not send in hard sweets or nuts that children could easily choke on.
· On Friday 3rd October staff and children wore pink and took park in pink themed games and activities to raise awareness of the Irish Cancer Society’s Paint it Pink Day. Thank you for all your donations, a total of €60 was raised.
· Cheerios Childline Breakfast Together Week was held on Thursday 9th October. Well done to everyone who participated. A total of €62 was raised, if you haven’t sent in your donation it’s not too late yet.
· Please remember to close the front door when you are leaving to ensure the safety of all children.
· If you have not already brought in a spare set of clothes for your child please do so as soon as possible. It is very important that we have them in case of accidents. Please remember to label all your child’s belongings and school bags to prevent mix up.
· Just a reminder that the ECCE Montessori session runs from 9am until 12pm. Please ensure children are not dropped off before 9am and are collected at 12pm. All children must be accompanied to the room by an adult and may only be collected by a parent or an adult who has been named on the booking form. If someone is collecting your child who is not named on the booking form, please let us know in advance.
· Outdoor Play forms a large part of our curriculum and has significant importance in a child’s holistic development. We try to incorporate outdoor play as often as possible and children should be well enough to go outside if they are attending crèche. We cannot allow children to stay inside unaccompanied whilst others are outside playing and there would be no space for them in other groups due to staff/child ratios. Please send coats/scarves/hats etc with your children and we will ensure they wear them when going outside.
· Children are encouraged to bring healthy lunches. Chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks are discouraged and we would appreciate your co-operation on this.
· Halloween Mid Term for ECCE children runs from October 27th to 31st inclusive. ECCE will be closed during this week and will re-open on Monday November 3rd. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Halloween J
Topic of the Month
Aistear is the early childhood curriculum framework for all children from birth to six years in Ireland. It is available online and parents can easily implement various aspects of it in the home. When planning the curriculum the staff ensure the activities encompass Aistear.
If you would like to learn more about Aistear, you can do so by accessing their website
56 Blackcastle Demense,